The Quarry - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Cheyenne Mountain is a pre-Deluge military and research facility rumored to house an ancient energy source.
Points of interest
- Welcome to the world's most secure location - once. Immediately upon arrival, you get to fight a batch of Nucleists, trying to kill Brother Carbuncle, while Theodoric Curie cowers in the garage. You get to use the Kodiak here, so make full use of it - note that it can actually bypass the delayed death mechanic by running over the cultists. After the dust settles, chat Theo up. As it turns out, you need to jump through a few hoops before you can access the side rooms - of course, by dealing with the cultists.
- Pass by the tumor door and access the main entrance door. Mind the toaster and diggable. The garage to the side can be accessed through a level 7 locked door just near the entrance.
- Enter through the door to learn that the inner lockdown has been triggered. The door to the left of the inner doors can be opened with Lockpick 10. Inside, you can find a maintenance note and some loot, plus switches. Using the combination 10101 (1 means up, 0 means down) will destroy one of the powerful robots in the chamber that has the control for the doors. The opposite side leads to the control center for this section - and endless robot spawners that require shutting the security beacons down to disable. See Security Override for details.
- After defeating them, interact with the computer and lift the security lockdown - then join Theo and head on to the Observation Level.
- Page from Theo Curie's notes: Received from Theo after the initial encounter.
- Firmware prototype, radiation detection rod: Level 10 toaster in the holy radiation field by the main entrance.
- Detached Security Turret: Inside the control room, after the tutorial area.
- Infused Bolt Thrower recipe: In the crate behind the tumor.
Behind the scenes
- The environment was started by Paul Moya and finished by Paul Fish.