Cornered Rats is a quest in Wasteland 3.
Shortly before we arrived at Peterson Airforce Base, a large group of Dorseys attacked Colorado Springs. The attack failed, and most of the holdouts are holed up the Garden of the Gods. The Patriarch asked us to help his Marshals deal with them.
- Dipping your toes into saving Colorado will have to start with the Dorseys. To start, you need to talk to Sheriff Daisy at the Marshal station in southeast Downtown Colorado Springs, then head on over to the Garden of the Gods in the northern part of the Downtown. Pick up Lucia Wesson at the station to gain access. Inside you will be instantly contacted by Bellamy Ward, asking you to save him. Move up and you'll see him cornered by the Dorseys up on the cliff. Rush forward and attack them to avoid them killing the researcher.
- You can use Hard Ass 4 to make the first Dorsey group surrender without a fight, you have to engage the dialog before they kill Bellamy. Or you can just attack. After wiping them out, Bellamy will explain that more hostages are located down the road, in the Dorsey camp just beyond the Gateway Rocks.
- The final confrontation is at the end of the Garden (mind the mines on the way), but is a little less straightforward. You can take a detour behind the cultivation tower to collect a creepy doll, fight three waste wolves, and emerge into an excellent overwatch position over the Dorsey camp. The PAL console there allows for replacing the lens with the Photon Matrix, increasing the power output to max and frying a group of Dorseys before the attack starts, which gives an excellent combat advantage. Fires at the start of every turn too. After they're gone, inspect the mass grave.
- Then continue up the slope to meet Isaac Reed. The rebellious youth will try to twist facts, revealing that he was involved alongside Faran Brygo, and claim that all he was doing was to remove Buchanans from power and return power to the Hundred Families. Those in the grave? Those are just acceptable casualties, apparently. Lucia, understandably, does not see things his way. At this point:
- You can let Lucia shoot Issac to avenge her family. She will shoot him in the gut. Then you can tell her to finish the job. The second bullet will land between his eyes. The rest of the youths will attack, because apparently, knives against guns is a great idea.
- Otherwise, you can make her stand down and force Isaac to face justice. You can decide to either turn them over to the Patriarch and his Marshals or to have them arrested and placed in Ranger custody.
- After leaving for Colorado Springs, Lucia will comment on your decision and will be particularly annoyed if you let him lived (calling him out on being a pawn makes it easier for her to stomach).
- Ranger jailer
Cornered Rats Eliminate the Dorseys in the Garden of the Gods. Return to Sheriff Daisy in Downtown. Talk to Sheriff Daisy in Downtown Colorado Springs. Shortly before we arrived at Peterson Airforce Base, a large group of Dorseys attacked Colorado Springs. The attack failed, and most of the holdouts are holed up the Garden of the Gods. The Patriarch asked us to help his Marshals deal with them.\n\n\n[Reward: Ranger HQ brig warden, [Dropset: DRP_Reward_a2001_CorneredRats_Daisy]] We can reach the Garden of the Gods through a checkpoint on the north side of Downtown. Sheriff Daisy asked us to take Lucia Wesson along. We wiped out the Dorseys in the Garden of the Gods and learned that Faran Brygo may have been working with them. We should head back to the Marshal station in Downtown and inform Sheriff Daisy. We defeated the Dorseys in the Garden of the Gods, but their leader, Nelius Dorsey, escaped. We also learned that the Dorseys infiltrated Colorado Springs with help from Faran Brygo... or someone in his organization. The Patriarch said we can start earning some goodwill by helping his Marshals deal with the remainder of the Dorsey forces. We should talk to Sheriff Daisy at the Marshal Headquarters in Colorado Springs. It's impossible to finish this mission now that we've gone rogue. We rescued a young scientist, Bellamy Ward, who was running the experimental farms in the Garden. He said that more Dorseys are waiting just ahead, between the Gateway Rocks. We came across a mass grave that contained a number of burned bodies - both adults and children. The corpses were unidentifiable, but they may have been the hostages who were taken by the Dorseys.