Upon entering the top terrace, the Rangers witness a house burning from a mortar shell. Its owner, Mark Stachowiak, asks them for help.
- Grab the valve lying in the grass south of the house.
- Use it on the pump hub next to the house, then use Mechanical Repair to activate it. Alternatively, use Hard Ass, Kiss Ass, or Smart Ass to force Mark to help repair the damage.
- This will put out the fire.
- 100 experience.
- A man named Mark Stachowiak begged us to find a way to douse his burning home.
- In the grass near the crane in Highpool, we found a scorched valve wheel. It's slightly damaged, but it might still be useful.
- We attached the valve wheel to the broken valve near Mark's house. If we could turn it, we could redirect some water onto the house and put out the flames. Unfortunately, the valve is damaged. It would take a highly skilled mechanic to fix it.
- We repaired the valve and turned it on, releasing the water and putting out the fire in Mark's house.
- We got Mark to fix the valve and release enough water to put out the fire in his house.
- We got Mark to fix the valve near his house. Now we just need to find the missing valve wheel and he'll do the rest.
- We couldn't figure out a way to save Mark's house and it burned down.
- We attached the valve wheel to the valve near Mark's house, and he was able to release the water and put out the fire.
- We found the missing valve wheel. Looks like it'll be easy enough to reattach.
- A man named Mark Stachowiak begged us to find a way to douse his burning house. The valve wheel we found may come in handy.
- Crap. We accidentally broke the valve while trying to repair it. It's beyond fixing now.
- Mark Stachowiak met a grisly end. Guess the state of his house doesn't matter much now.