Home Away from Home is a quest in Wasteland 3.
- The Patriarch gave us an old, prewar air base to serve as our headquarters in Colorado. He told us to get the base up and running with the help of Marshal Kwon and Sergei Greatski.
- Looks like it's time to do a little cleaning. As you enter the base to talk to Darius Kwon and Sergei Greatski, you'll notice alarms. The two will explain that the alarm and robots activated during the Dorseys attack and have remained a threat ever since. It's your job to get rid of the problem - robots - and deactivate the alarms. Enter the war room behind the pair.
- Talk to the robots inside the war room. They will demand authorization and you can use Kiss Ass 1 to convince them that you are the Rangers, a successor unit of the US Army Corps of Engineers, or Sneaky Shit 1 to convince them you're from IT, there to fix them. You can also question them, which will yield little information.
- To advance the quest, interact with the massive central computer. Eventually, you'll be asked to specify COMMAND - and once you do, you become the new owner of the Peterson AFB and in control of the facility (some IT security). Once you do, the Patriarch will enter the chamber with his assistants and brief you on the mission: You are to round up his three prodigal children - Victory, Liberty, and Valor - and insist on bringing them home alive.
- You can ask for more background on them and the Dorsey ambush, or with Barter 1, ask for some supplies (firepower, melee, explosives, armor or medical supplies).
- After the briefing is complete, the Patriarch suggests talking to Sheriff Daisy, starting the Cornered Rats quest and leaving you to your own devices.
Home Away from Home Talk to Marshal Kwon and Sergei Greatski inside the base. UNUSED The Patriarch has been killed. There is no way to complete this mission. Build up the critical capacities of Ranger HQ and recruit key personnel. UNUSED Shut down the security alert in the Armory. Enter the war room and wake the base's main systems. Return to the Patriarch. UNUSED Activate the backup generator in the Garage. The Patriarch gave us an old, prewar air base to serve as our headquarters in Colorado. He told us to get the base up and running with the help of Marshal Kwon and Sergei Greatski. The Patriarch directed us to two of his people, Marshal Darius Kwon and Sergei Greatski, who are waiting for us in our new HQ. They'll help us get started. Marshal Kwon has been killed... and our chances of establishing a new HQ have died with him. The Patriarch suggested we build up the base before tackling his children. He gave us some leads on personnel. At minimum, we should staff the Armory, Garage, and Med Bay and fill our squad. Ranger HQ is up and running. It'll be an invaluable resource for our mission. Something tripped the base's old alarm systems... and activated defensive security drones. We'll need to get past the drones and shut off the alert by using a computer terminal in the Armory. Greatski says that he sent Marcelo Gonzalez, our radio operator, to keep an eye on the drones in the Armory. The war room is just north of the entrance hall. Now that the door is unlocked, we can go inside and use the mainframe computer to awaken the main systems. Ranger HQ is ready to serve as our base of operations. We should inform the Patriarch. The Patriarch is dead... and our chances of establishing a new HQ have died with him. The War Room's heavy security door won't budge until the backup generator is back online. Greatski says we can restart the backup generators in the Garage, just south of the Armory. It's impossible to finish this mission now that we've gone rogue. Marshal Kwon suggested that we speak to his former boss, Sheriff Daisy, who can be found in Downtown Colorado Springs. He thinks she might be able to help us improve our new headquarters. We have restored our base's garage, which will allow us to maintain and upgrade our vehicle. We have established a fully functioning armory, which will allow us to fabricate weapons and armaments onsite. We now have a functional medical bay, staffed by a doctor who can tend our wounded and provide healing supplies. We defeated some old security drones and reset the alert in the Armory Security drones tried to block us from accessing the terminal in the Brig, but they were unable to stop us. Some animals had made their home in the old Garage. They're gone, and the generators are running again. One of the rooms shows signs of recent habitation. The Patriarch said Greatski could help us recruit additional Rangers for our squad. The Patriarch suggested that we speak to Sheriff Daisy, head of his peacekeeping Marshals, who can be found in Downtown Colorado Springs. He thinks she might be able to help us improve our new headquarters."