Raising a Little Hell is a quest in Wasteland 3.
Woodson told us Ranger Pizepi Joren was taken to a science lab, but he thinks she is safe. He doesn't know where the other two Rangers in his squad, La Loca and Rook, were taken. There are three Hundred Families members being tortured, including members of the Reed and Ward families.
- Upon arrival in Aspen, you will receive a call from Riley Woodson, one of the Rangers held at Aspen (and son of General Wade Woodson, so no pressure there). He will reveal the known locations of hostages to you and ask you to save them from Little Hell. He doesn't know where La Loca and Rook were taken, but is aware that there are three Hundred Families members being tortured, including members of the Reed and Ward families.
- There will be a lot of fighting Breathers in this scenario, so hope you brought guns and ammo. Your first group consists of seven breathers of various types, who will drop keys to the Welcome Lodge and Employee Lounge. You may want to put off storming the main entrance for later.
- Head for the employee lounge instead (mind door there, which has a Lockpicking 7 lock and provides access to Opie). Down the stairs (watch for a level 7 mine buried at the top of the stairs) is a computer room, where you can acquire a key for the administration offices and hack the security computer with Nerd Stuff 6. You can use it to turn the turrets on the enemies at the Welcome Lodge, greatly reducing the difficulty there.
- Either way, use the computer to lower the bridge outside and head over to the gondola building to get the keys to the door. The final confrontation is where you run into Federico, the local Breather leader. Despite his group apparently hostile, he will talk to you if you get close. With Kiss Ass you can get a dialogue choice in which he will offer you a choice to inhale some Breather gas in which case he will declare that you passed the test and he and his group will stand down. Whoever initiate the conversation with Federico will get a temporary status effect akin to getting drunk if you do that. After talking to or disposing of him, raid the gondola building plus the storehouse next to the Gondola building and head straight up.
- Little Hell
- The lodge is where the climax of the quest takes place. First, some hostage saving. You can rescue one of the hostages from becoming a well-roasted human meatloaf. He will reveal background about the Breathers and give some intel on Victory. Inside the lodge wait Breathers. After splattering them, you can save Riley Woodson in the backroom (First Aid 6 helps stabilize him). In total, you have to save:
- Hardee Knox: Living barbecue at the start of the level.
- Pizepi Joren: Past the room where Ash is located; requires sneaking or persuading The Gift. The Gift can be persuaded to stand down if you behave calmly, show gratitude and compassion, and finally use either Perception 8 or Kiss Ass 8 to convince her that Vic is a Bad Mantm. Using Mechanics 7 with a passive Explosives 8 check will help, since you can identify a remote bomb in her wheelchair.
- Ranger La Loca: Inside the freezer in the kitchen, near the locked vault door(Lockpicking 10).
- Ranger Rook and the Reeds (Violet Reed and Priscilla Reed): In the guest suites. Rook requires stabilizing with First Aid 1. The Reeds can be saved with Mechanics 8 by short-circuiting the box.
- Llewellyn : South-western end of the Suites, the basement. You can use First Aid 7 to stabilize him. If you want the key to the vault, you can kill him or mix a strong laxative at the kitchenette (Sodium (Na-2), Hydrogen (H), Oxygen (O-4), and Phosphorus (P)). He should shit the key right out (save before hand, as it can be bugged).
- Estin Ward: Near the blood-filled swimming pool in the northwest. You'll have to blast your way through a good seven breathers to get to him. Then use Nerd Stuff 7 to unlock the test chamber and release him. Otherwise, you can unlock the sauna maintenance room and disconnect the breather tank to get around the skill level requirement. The Nerd Stuff 8 computer in the maintenance room also allows you to drain the pool and loot the bodies in the center.
- The final stop is a door with an intercom, beyond which Ash, the Breather asshole in charge of the whole massacre sits. You can go straight inside at any time in fact. Of course, that will mean killing any remaining hostages. Confronting Ash means deciding whether to let him walk away, killing him, or arresting him. Hard Ass 8 allows for learning that Vic wanted to gas Colorado Springs.
- Once you deal with Ash, you will have the Patriarch Wing key necessary to confront Victory.
Raising a Little Hell Find and rescue the tortured hostages in Little Hell. Find a way to lower the bridge in Aspen. Reach the gondola building in Aspen and take the lift to Little Hell. Speak with Woodson in Little Hell. Cross the bridge and explore Aspen for a way up the mountain. Riley Woodson wants us to rescue his Ranger team and the Hundred Families members who are being tortured by Victory Buchanan and the Breathers in Little Hell. According to Woodson, a few Ranger and Hundred Families hostages are still alive and being tortured. We need to locate and rescue the hostages.\r\n\r\nHostages Rescued: [Global: c2101_Hostages_Rescued] \r\nHostages Killed: [Global: c2101_Hostages_Killed] All hostages are safe and accounted for. All hostages have been acounted for, though one didn't make it. All hostages have been acounted for, though some didn't make it. All hostages have been acounted for, though only one made it. All hostages have been acounted for, though some didn't make it. All the hostages are dead. If we want to rescue the hostage Rangers, we'll need to find a way to lower the drawbridge blocking our way forward. A ski gondola is the only way to the top of the mountain. We'll need to reach it and ride the lift to the summit. Riley Woodson is our best point of contact on top of the mountain. We should talk to him to get the lay of the land. Woodson has died. With the bridge down, we can head deeper into Aspen. Woodson told us Ranger Pizepi Joren was taken to a science lab, but he thinks she is safe. He doesn't know where the other two Rangers in his squad, La Loca and Rook, were taken. There are three Hundred Families members being tortured, including members of the Reed and Ward families. Pizepi Joren, a Ranger from Woodson's squad, told us that she knows of five hostages who may still be alive in the ski lodge - two Rangers, Rook and La Loca, and three civilians, a man being held in a sauna, and two women. We found a computer that lowered the bridge. Crossing the bridge should bring us one step closer to finding Woodson. We've made our way to the gondola building. We should be able to take the lift up to Little Hell. We convinced the Breathers guarding the gondola to let us through without a fight. Woodson mentioned a weapons cache inside of a bunker. We should take a look if we have time. We dealt with some robots inside the bunker and secured the weapons cache.