Rangers' Last Hope is a quest in Wasteland 3.
- We assumed command following the death of Major Vera Prasad. The mission is the same: make contact with the Patriarch, establish a new Ranger HQ, and get the supplies flowing to Arizona. Along the way, we should keep an eye out for Angela Deth.
Welcome to Colorado Springs. You immediately enter dialogue with the Patriarch, Saul Buchanan. Although he believes cold logic would dictate that he should turn you away (after all, just two or three survived out of fifty), he will instead give you the Peterson AFB and offer assistance in rebuilding the Ranger force. As a token of good faith, he will offer you a Dorsey to execute to sate your lust for vengeance. You can choose to:
- Kill the Dorsey for +1 reputation with Patriarch's Marshals.
- Let Saul kill the Dorsey.
- Surrender the man to the courts with Leadership 2, which will surprise Saul, but he'll be understanding. The captive will be found later with Magistrate Silas Watkins.
To finish out the conversation you can:
- Optionally, with First Aid 2, ask about Saul's shaking hands. He will angrily deny that his hands shake and you will earn -1 Patriarch's Marshals reputation.
- Thank the Patriarch, for +1 Patriarch's Marshals reputation.
- Express your desire for vengeance.
- State that it's better than nothing.
- Refuse the deal, blame Saul, and ask to return home. Saul will remind you that you made a deal and that he needs you to uphold your end of the bargain. You can respond with:
- Keep the deal, with the intent to help the people of Arizona.
- Keep the deal, even if Saul is without honor. -1 Patriarch's Marshals reputation.
- Attack Saul and his group. There are twelve of them and they are much, much stronger than you at this point.
- Control over the Ranger HQ.
Rangers' Last Hope Get to the Patriarch. Drive to Colorado Springs and meet the Patriarch. We assumed command following the death of Major Vera Prasad. The mission is the same: make contact with the Patriarch, establish a new Ranger HQ, and get the supplies flowing to Arizona. Along the way, we should keep an eye out for Angela Deth. The Patriarch handed over command of Peterson Air Base. We can use it to build a local HQ. If we don't want to freeze to death, we'll need a vehicle to get to Colorado Springs. Maybe one of the abandoned Dorsey vehicles is still running? With the Kodiak humming, it'll be just a short trip to Colorado Springs. Once we're there, we'll need to find the Patriarch. Avie and Angus Hoon have offered us their vehicle... if we can get it working. The vehicle is located in an old campground across the frozen creek. Unfortunately, a Dorsey raiding party has also set up camp there.