Sean Bergin was a character found in Highpool. He is voiced by Scott Holtz.
The grizzled man was wrapped in a leather duster that's clearly been handed down from gunshot victim to gunshot victim, and wears a filthy t-shirt that has the word "SECURITY" written across the chest. The look of disgust he has stapled to his face seems permanent, even when he's smiling.
Bergin fills the role of Sheriff for Highpool. He hates the Rangers with a passion, as he's Bobby's uncle and saw the boy shot by the Rangers fifteen years earlier. As a result, he is sympathetic to the Red Skorpion Militia. While not as popular as Kate, Sean Bergin is a serious competitor for mayor in Highpool, as the inhabitants of the town agree with his hard line approach against the Rangers. His election will surely cause trouble for the Rangers in the long run.
Two years after Team Echo's expedition, Bergin fully sided with the Red Skorpion Militia, attempting to capture Angela Deth in order to bring her to Robert Danforth. During the capture attempt, Bergin was struck by shotgun pellets fired by a Militia member in Jeep, killing him.
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Protect Highpool from the Wrecking Crew: Sean thanks the Rangers for his help in stopping Jackhammer, but asks them to wipe out the Wrecking Crew stronghold to neutralize the threat permanently.
- If you dig up his son's grave, he will attack you the next time you speak to him. This can make it impossible to hand in the Protect Highpool from the Wrecking Crew quest and claim your reward. Be sure to complete this quest first, before you go grave robbing! This can also be circumvented by ensuring Kate preston becomes Mayor of High Pool.
- Bergin is the first person the Rangers interact with after reaching the dam's top. He will issue the next set of quests for the Rangers, asking them to wipe out the remnants of the Wrecking Crew raiders.
- If the player allows the reservoir to burst, Bergin will be elected mayor and align Highpool with the Red Skorpion Militia.
- No Way Home p.40-41: "Angela sighed with sad realization. “Sean Bergin,” she said. “You went and joined up with the Skorpions after all. I gotta say, I’m kind of surprised you followed through there.”
“Oh, the surprises ain’t over yet, sweetheart.” He smiled. “You and your friends are gonna come with me.”
She shook her head. “Thanks for the offer, Sean, but we got places to be. Let us pass and we won’t have no trouble here.”
Sean raised his hand and his guys raised their weapons. “It ain’t a request, Ranger. Danforth wants to see you, and you owe him at least that."
- No Way Home p.41: "One of the men in the Jeep fired his shotgun. He was out of range so the blast went wide. A few of the pellets hit Sean on the back, and he screamed, dropping his gun."