The Holy Detonation is a quest in Cult of the Holy Detonation .
Theo Curie has told of us a power source that lies within an old military installation inside Cheyenne Mountain. With our help, he thinks he can harness its power for the good of Colorado.
- Welcome to the second of the story DLCs. As soon as your Ranger team hits level 16 and enters the main map, you are contacted by Theodoric Curie, asking for help. Theo gives the coordinates to what he hopes is the entrance to the Cheyenne Mountain Facility. He plans to meet up with the Rangers there so we can find a way inside together. Immediately upon entering you find yourself in the middle of a conflict between the local cult groups, Carbuncle of the Primordialists and a strike team from the Nucleists. Poor Theo is caught in the middle.
- After disposing of the six fighters and getting introduced to Nucleists' special feature - Delayed Death - talk to Carbuncle and Theo. To get through to the interior, you'll have to lower the security lockdown. Enter deeper into the facility, use Theo's code on the door, then figure out how to open the inner doors. To do so, you'll have to access the control room computer, after passing through a gauntlet introducing the DLC's gameplay loop (see Security Override for details).
- After entering the Observation Level, use Picklock 6 on the door or ??? to enter the viewing area atop the Holy Detonation. Your entrance will interrupt a confrontation between Abbot Deuterium and Proteus. Talk to Polyp, approaching the platform, and learn of the core conflict: Nucleists split off from the Primordialists, trying to seize the Holy Detonation for themselves. The Primordialists want access to their 'god', so they're willing to work with the Rangers in retrieving Deuterium's access code (one of a pair necessary to access the reactor chamber), and in return, they will share the energy of the Detonation with Colorado Springs.
- The quest will essentially pause until you resolve Undercover Angel and Final Form. Once at the chamber and the Proteus is defeated, you will have a choice on how to deal with the detonation:
- Releasing the stasis field will cause the thermonuclear detonation to unfold as normal, killing everyone in Colorado. So, uh, do not do it.
- Reversing the time dilation field to a moment before the detonation, you will shut the generator down (for Elijah Ward). The cultists will all explode and Theodoric will be mightily pissed.
- Adjust the time dilation field to proceed one nanosecond faster. This will power up Colorado Springs, and become an alternative for the Gippers' oil.
- Sharing the power with Colorado Springs
- Money $ 2500.
- Shutdown the power core
- Money $ 4500 (world map encounter on the way to Colorado Springs).
- Personal thanks from Elijah Ward if you meet him in person.
- If you're going to defeat Proteus, make sure that Goiter and Melanoma will refuse to trade with you on Observation Level. If you want to buy something from them do it before entering The Holy Detonation Chamber.
- Shutting down the power core making Sick Rick became the only trader at Observation Level.
The Holy Detonation Travel to Cheyenne Mountain Rescue Theo Enter Cheyenne Mountain Access the power source within Cheyenne Mountain. Enter the Holy Detonation Chamber Defeat the Proteus Adjust the Holy Detonation You sent power to Colorado. Tuned for Theo Talk to the Proteus in the Holy Detonation Chamber Use the Holy Det Find out how to access power source in Cheyenne Mountain. Theo was Killed. Theo Curie has told of us a power source that lies within an old military installation inside Cheyenne Mountain. With our help, he thinks he can harness its power for the good of Colorado. Theo gave us the coordinates to what he hopes is the entrance to the Cheyenne Mountain Facility. He plans to meet up with us there so we can find a way inside together. A group of cultists are threatening Theo and his new found allies. Save Theo and his friends. We defeated the hostile cultists. We should speak with Theo to find out how to get inside the facility. We need to convince Abott Deuterium to give us his Holy Detonation Chamber access code. The Proteus suggests talking to Brother Goiter, who can help us with next steps. Now that Abbot Deuterium has given the access codes to the Proteus, we should enter the Holy Detonation Chamber. The Proteus wants to unleash the Holy Detonation and won't listen to reason. We have to put them down. Go to the Holy Detonation console and adjust the time dilation of the detonation's containment field. Theo Curie wants us to use it to send power to Colorado Springs. Elijah Ward wants us to shut it down. We freed the Holy Detonation. We reunited the Primordialists and the Nucleists and sent the power of the Holy Detonation to Colorado Springs. We shut down the Holy Detonation. It cannot be restarted. Now that we've honored our half of the deal, it's time for the Proteus to honor theirs. We should speak to whoever's in charge about gaining access to the power source. We defeated the Proteus and their followers and sent the power of the Holy Detonation to Colorado Springs. The cultists triggered the eruption of the Holy Detonation. WIth Theo Curie dead, we won't be able to understand The Holy Detonation's secrets. Theo gave us an access code that can open the blast door - OU812. Theo is dead. We should check his body for information on how to get inside the complex. We found a note on Theo's body with an access code that can open the blast door - OU812. We should speak with The Proteus about gaining access to the Holy Detonation. The Proteus is willing to share the Holy Detonation with us, but they are being prevented from reaching it by the Nucleists. They have asked for our help resolving this situation. Elijah Ward thinks it would be safer for Colorado if we shut down the source of power inside Cheyenne Mountain. We should speak to whoever's in charge about gaining access to the power source. The Proteus is willing to share the power source, which they call the Holy Detonation, but they are being prevented from reaching it by the Nucleists. They have asked for our help resolving this situation.