The Zealot is a quest in Wasteland 3.
Valor Buchanan, the Patriarch's younger son, has allied himself with the Gippers in Denver. The Reagan fanatics have cut off the oil supply for Colorado Springs, and the Patriarch wants both his son and the oil back.
- Dealing with Valor means dealing with the Reagan AI and resolving Reagan Reborn (in general). There are three options here:
- Arrest Valor. Unless you blackmail the Gippers with deleting iGipper (requires having him at Ranger HQ), this means wiping out the Gippers in a manner that would make the Contras jealous.
- Kill Valor. Self-explanatory. Bad for your relations with the Patriarch.
- Have the Godfishers Kill Valor.
- Arrest Valor once Reagan overwrites him. Also causes trouble of the warfare kind with the Gippers and makes the Patriarch angry. Talk about a double whammy.
- Make the Reagan AI transfer into Valor.
- Make the Reagan AI transfer into the Ranger HQ and blackmail them
- Machine Commune:
- Godfishers: Help them take out the Gippers
- Hard Heads: Take out the Gippers and talk to Fishlips about them moving into Denver ruins.
- No oil: If none of the above faction is alive and harvesting the oil, Colorado will freeze to death in the ending slides.
The Zealot Extract Valor Buchanan from the Western Whitehouse in the Denver Ruins. Return to the Patriarch at his palace in Colorado Springs. Return to the Patriarch at his palace in Colorado Springs Return to the Patriarch at his palace in Colorado Springs The Patriarch is far from pleased. Both his son is dead and the Gippers - his primary source of oil - are slaughtered. Oil is flowing, back to Patriarch Gippers alive and Valor is alive, back to Patriarch The Patriarch is dead Gippers dead and Valor is alive, back to Patriarch Travel to Denver. Valor is dead, Gippers are happy Oil was flowing, but then killed Gippers, back to Patriarch Gone Rogue ending (Failure) Valor Buchanan, the Patriarch's younger son, has allied himself with the Gippers in Denver. The Reagan fanatics have cut off the oil supply for Colorado Springs, and the Patriarch wants both his son and the oil back. We need to find a way to get Valor away from the Gippers. Valor is dead. We'll need to take the news back to the Patriarch in his palace. Valor has been overwritten by the Reagan intelligence and the Patriarch needs to know. We'll return to his palace to report back. Valor is in our custody. We need to head to the Patriarch's palace and let him know. The Patriarch is far from pleased. His son is dead and the Gippers - his primary source of oil - have been slaughtered. Though the oil is flowing again, the Patriarch is not happy with us. Though Valor is still walking around, with Reagan's brain in his head, he is for all intents and purposes dead, and the Patriarch wanted him alive. The Patriarch was pleased with the return of his son. The Patriarch's corpse won't be giving out any rewards. The Patriarch was irritated about our conflict with the Gippers, but pleased with the return of his son. Travel to the ruins of Denver and locate Valor Buchanan. Valor is dead. The Patriarch is furious with us. The Patriarch is furious. His son, Valor, is lost to him, and our hostilities with the Gippers mean that oil will never return to Colorado Springs. It's impossible to finish this mission now that we've gone rogue. After a show trial involving a Godfisher and a robot, the Gippers invited us into their stronghold for an audience with \"Reagan.\" Mother Nancy Reliance says she will release her claim on Valor if we can locate a Cybernetic Transfer Module from the Machine Commune at the Denver Airport and turn it over to the Gippers. If we choose to take Valor by force, we'll need to kill every last Gipper in Denver."