The following is a composite timeline, basing on all the possible sources to create a composite image of the events in the series.
- Drug Wars take place in Central and South Americas. Led by the United States, they result in many governments being abolished and replaced with puppet right-wing ones, fiercely loyal to America.
- A Titan missile is decommissioned for use as a museum piece. This is the missile that will eventually become the god of the M.A.D. Monks.
- Morningstar's AI routines are initialized.
- February: Citadel Starstation nears completion, tensions rise, world divides into Soviet and NATO camps.
- March 21: The Great War takes place after the Citadel sends a fake signal about an imminent Soviet nuclear attack. Humanity narrowly avoids extinction.
- Colorado is saved from destruction by the missile defense systems of Cheyenne Mountain and Peterson Air Force Base. The polar vortex forms and with it, the long winter.
- A company of U.S. Army Engineers, seeking shelter, takes over a federal prison and expels the prisoners into the desert. The prison becomes known as Ranger Center, and the Engineers as Desert Rangers. As the weeks pass, they invite nearby survivalist communities to join them and to help them build a new society.
- Florida becomes an island after direct nuclear hits on Atlanta and several military bases in Georgia trigger a seismic backlash.
- Luke Samson leads the faithful on an exodus from the Angelus Temple to Griffith Park. Though he dies, the Militia lives on, unfortunately.
- The History of the Desert Rangers is published.
- Events of Wasteland take place:
- The M.A.D. Monks set up at the abandoned silo in the Canyon of Titan and institute Titan's Peace.
- The Battle of Punkin Center marks the last major engagement between the Patriarch and the Scar Collectors.
- Brother Wright is sent to recover the Titan from Silo 7. Instead, he barricades himself in and attempts to dismantle the weapon. For three long years he is unsuccessful.
- Feburary 12th: General Vargas commissions an investigation into the cyborgs encountered beneath Vegas in 2087.
- Hopi and Magee pull Jaime out of the Damonta scrapyard.
- Mona Shera's husband leaves Angel Oracle with a scavenger party and heads for Arizona. She never hears from him again, though he reaches his destination.
- B. Bilious Balfour dies.
- Events of Wasteland 2 take place.
- Tinker enters Arizona to sabotage the Rangers and destabilize the region. Agricultural center and Highpool are hit particularly hard, followed by Darwin and Damonta.
- Team Echo is dispatched after Ace is killed by one Tinker's synths. Their investigations lead them to uncover radio signals from California and Tinker's involvement. They are deployed to Los Angeles to investigate after Team Foxtrot is wiped out and Angela Deth goes missing.
- Team Echo reconnects with the Rangers in Arizona after losing contact due to the crash and lack of airborne transport to maintain a radio link. Matthias and his synths attack the Ranger Citadel.
- Team Echo returns to the Citadel using a captured Sikorsky SH-3 Sea King. The Cochise AI and Matthias are confronted beneath the Citadel and destroyed, at the expense of turning the base into a radioactive crater.
- Rangers rally and re-establish their operations at the radio tower, the New Ranger Citadel.
- Las Vegas is destroyed by the second wave of robots, forcing Faran Brygo to relocate to Colorado.
- If the Desert Rangers choose to flip the turtle over at Rail Nomads, it triggers a series of events that leads to rogue robots appearing and massacring everyone in the camp.
- Di lures eight synths to Steeltown to create the computation engine. The synths are enslaved, and their attempts to regain freedom culminate in a near-revolution next year.
- The Desert Rangers under General Wade Woodson choose to respond to the Patriarch's call and send convoys to Colorado, in order to secure lifelines necessary for the impoverished Arizona, still reeling from the devastation of the second war with the Cochise AI, to survive. Angela Deth leads the first convoy, only to go MIA.
- May 10th: Wasteland 3 begins as the second Ranger convoy is ambushed by Dorseys, with only two Team November rangers surviving and going on to deeply changing the whole political landscape of the Colorado nation. After surviving the ambush, they are allowed refuge by the Patriarch at Peterson Air Force Base.
- Events of Battle of Steeltown take place.
- Wasteland manual
- Missile description: "At first glance, this seems to indeed be a menacing, apocalypse-bringing intercontinental ballistic missile. Until you spot a placard, reading "Titan Missile - Decommissioned for *museum* display 1995." *Titan* is a *fraud*!"
- Ascension Speech
- Peterson Air Force Base terminal entries.
- Fountain of Dreams manual
- Who Was This Red Samson?
- Wasteland 3 : "A plaque on this tree says, 'Planted on the day of the Patriarch's birth: Tuesday, April 18, 2028."
- Grave stone: "Snake Squeezin bottles are strewn all about this grave. The tombstone reads: Dr. B. Bilious Balfour Born 2030. Died 2102. Gone but never forgotten. Until we see again."
- Grave: "The tombstone reads: Our beloved Brakeman. B. 2041 D. 2090. Pity he seemed to be right about needing an engine."
- Heidi Hollander
- Solveig Sefors: "I gotta say, Team Echo, I'm impressed that you'd be interested in the tales of the southwest. Not many in our time ask the questions of where we came from, what used to be. I've been collecting notes from Ranger teams, travelers, merchants, what have you, for nigh on 40 years now. I think you should have it. Keep building the collection. Preserve what you can."
- Robert Danforth
- History of the Desert Rangers
- Father Enola: "So, now you know the real reason we need the missile from *Silo 7*. Yes, it's true, we have been perpetrating a lie upon the canyon. But... but it was a good lie. Fear of *Titan's Wrath* has kept the peace for fifteen years. Afraid, however, that the secret might one day get out, we sent *Brother Wright* to find a working missile - so our bluff would be a bluff no more. Sadly, he turned against us and has spent the last three years trying to get the missile working so he can take his vengeance upon us."
- Snake Vargas: "The former tenants of our home sweet home, *Ranger Citadel*. A bunch of tech freaks. We chased 'em out of here with their tails between their legs, then spent the next two years tossing out all the crap they'd collected. Yeesh."
- Scar Collector trophy at Patriarch's Palace.
- Father Enola: "Sadly, Brother Wright turned against us, and did not bring us the missile he found. Instead, he has spent the last three years trying to get it working so he can take his vengeance upon us. He must be stopped."
- Intelligence report
- Hopi: "Mass murderer or not, I gotta hand it to whoever's getting the fuckers up and running. Magee and I pulled old *Jaime* outta the Graveyard two years ago, and we still can't make him go."
- Mona Shera: "Oh my God. That... that [i]is[-] me! And that man is my... my husband! He and his salvage team left the Angel two years ago. They were headed to a pocket in the eastern radiation that had just opened up. No one had ever been there before. But they... never came back. We never knew what happened. I've had this hole... it was so hard not knowing what happened to him."
- Sean Bergin: "I'm surprised you haven't heard of 'em, you being the law around here. They've been around for a year or so. Only mobile junkyard I've ever seen. Don't know why they got all aggressive all of a sudden. They've upgraded their weapons too. Who has a jackhammer arm? How is that shit possible?"
- Sean Bergin: "Y'know, you Rangers aren't the only game in town. We haven't seen you for nigh on a year, and the *Red Skorpions* show up when we call 'em. At... at least most times they do. Captain McNamara and the rest of the RSM have done right by us more times than you have, that's for damn sure."
- Wasteland 2 endings: "Turning over that tortoise triggered a series of events that, three years later, will cause robots to appear and kill everyone in Rail Nomad."
- Computation engine synth
- Archive Computer security logs: ""10.05.2107"
"Reporb 685. Intrusibe mobement detecteb at perimiber. Intruber 159 logged and approaching!"
"Reporb 686. Intruber 158 detects Intruber 159 and returns to Barracks. Various Intrubers seem perturbed and barricade door to Barracks."
Reporb 690. Intruber 159 retreabes after axaxing War Roob and Armory. Serbitors remain unresponsibe."
Reporb 701. Intruber 156 departs Barracks, enters Brig, and axaxes compuber terminal. Horrible Intrubers."
Reporb 702. Intruber 156 has initiabed a generabor restarb! Power coming online! Serbitors waking! REB ALERT!""