Background[edit | edit source]
The resident radio specialist of the Desert Rangers. A true wizard with a radio and an antenna, responsible for developing the triangulation procedure for the Californian signals. Together with the rest of Team Echo, he returned to Arizona just in time to defeat the Cochise AI for a second time. He survived the battle where general Vargas did not, and was selected by the surviving Rangers as Vargas' successor.
Following his return from Los Angeles and diligent, distinguished service, Wade Woodson became the commanding General of the Desert Rangers through a vote. Responding to the dramatic situation in Arizona, he dispatched Angela Deth (now a Colonel) as an Advance Team to Colorado Springs, responding to Saul Buchanan's - the Patriarch's - request for Ranger assistance, followed by Team November.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
Wasteland 2[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.||
Secure the perimeter at Santa Fe Springs
Quests[edit | edit source]
Woodson plays a minor role in the Citadel, but once the Rangers are sent to LA, Lieutenant Woodson (field promotions affect not just the Ranger team) takes over the duties of Vargas as mission command and issues the primary quests.
- Secure the perimeter at Santa Fe Springs: Woodson asks the player to patch the holes in the perimeter fence.
- Test radio communications with Lt. Woodson: Self-explanatory.
- Reestablish contact with Citadel Base in Arizona: Woodson provides the repeater units necessary for the job.
- Upgrade rad suits: Woodson upgrades the suits once he receives enough zeolite
- Expand the Rangers' broadcasting range in Los Angeles Woodson provides the repeater units necessary for the job.
References[edit | edit source]
- No Way Home p.23: "“You don’t think he’s qualified?” Pete asked gently.
“I think he didn’t look for me,” she snapped. She shook her head. “He knows giving orders from the other side of a radio. What’s he know about being a soldier?”
“There was a vote,” Pete said."