Wasteland 2 is a post-apocalyptic role-playing video game released in 2014 and the sequel to the 1988 video game Wasteland. It was developed and published by inXile Entertainment after a successful crowd-funding drive on Kickstarter. A Director's Cut was released in 2015.
Plot[edit | edit source]
The game follows a Squad of Desert Rangers named Echo One as they fight through the waste to activate 2 radio beacons so they can pinpoint where these Mysterious Radio Broadcasts are coming from and track down Ace‘s Killers. Their journey will take them to LA where they will have to try to stop, or join, Matthias in releasing the Cochise AI.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The game is set in 2102, following the events in Wasteland 1.
Game Manual: Wasteland 2 Ranger Field Manual
Credits: complete, with ~8421 backer names (~7956 $100+ KS, ~465 late backers?)
Game Information[edit | edit source]
- Wasteland 2 walkthrough
- Wasteland 2/Beta
- Wasteland 2/Character Creation
- Wasteland 2/List of Promotions
Development[edit | edit source]
In 2003, InXile (founded by Wasteland's producer, Brian Fargo) acquired the rights to the Wasteland title. On June 21, 2007, Brian Fargo said, "I am indeed looking into bringing back the game that spawned the Fallout series. Stay tuned...." in an interview with fan site Duck and Cover. In March 2009 it was announced that Fallout creator Jason Anderson will work at InXile as a creative director on a new role-playing game which might be Wasteland 2.
Reception[edit | edit source]
Wasteland 2 received "generally favorable" reviews on Metacritic holding a metascore of 81/100 on PC based on 65 critic reviews. Wasteland 2: Director's Cut was released on 2015 and received a metascore of 87/100 on PC, 80/100 on PS4, 76/100 on Nintendo Switch, and 77/100 on Xbox One.
Unused and Deleted[edit | edit source]
Unused and Deleted content: Wasteland/Unused
Videos[edit | edit source]
Versions[edit | edit source]
Digital Deluxe Edition[edit | edit source]
- Steam +Early access until Sept 19th, 2014
- Files: 8.2GB?
- A free copy of Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic.
- A free copy of The Bard's Tale.
- Two digital novellas set in The Wasteland world.
- Mark Morgan's Wasteland 2 original soundtrack in digital format.
- An incredible digital concept art book showcasing many of the world's characters and environments.
- Files: 1MB, 4x2GB, 1.9GB
- GOG gift code for Wasteland 1
- GOG gift code for The Bard's Tale
- 3 Wallpapers (1440p)
- Wasteland Avellone Novel (coming soon)
- Wasteland Novella 1 (coming soon)
- Wasteland Novella 2 (coming soon)
- Wasteland Novella 3 (coming soon)
- Official Soundtrack (coming soon)
- Concept Art Book (coming soon)
Backer Versions[edit | edit source]
Various - see Kickstarter page
Xbox One[edit | edit source]
- 2015 Directors Cut
PS4[edit | edit source]
- 2015 Directors Cut
Nintendo Switch[edit | edit source]
- 2018 Directors Cut
Updates[edit | edit source]
- 12 January 2016 - 362.5MB Fix for DC Modding Patch
- 11 January 2016 - 333.7MB DC Modding Patch
- 12 November 2015 - 359.7MB DC Hotfix
- 5 November 2015 - 475.5MB DC patch
- 12 October 2015 - Directors Cut
- 12 February 2015 - 42.8MB patch 6 GoG
- 9 February 2015 - 948.9MB patch 6 Steam
- 6 February 2015 - 2.6MB Steam\steamapps\common\Wasteland 2\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013
- 17 December 2014 - 181MB patch GoG (126.96.36.199+ to 188.8.131.52)
- 15 December 2014 - 1021.3MB patch + 4.2MB hotfix Steam
- 21 November 2014 - 347.9MB patch GoG
- 18 November 2014 - 981.4MB patch + 8.2MB hotfix Steam
- 11 November 2014 - 0KB Soundtrack folder emptied, 111MB Soundtrack added Steam
- 6 November 2014 - 8.8 patch 3.1 GoG
- 6 November 2014 - 228.4MB patch 3 GoG
- 6 November 2014 - 13.2MB hotfix Steam
- 5 November 2014 - 2.2GB patch Steam
- 14 October - 1.3MB hotfix
- 14 October - 2.4MB hotfix
- 13 October 2014 - 1.5GB patch + hotfix? GoG
- 13 October 2014 - 2.4GB patch + hotfix Steam
- 26 September 2014 - ~100MB patch GoG
- 26 September 2014 - 1.5GB patch Steam
Directors Cut:[edit | edit source]
A version of the game containing cut content and new Perks. it also has better graphics and less bugs.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Wasteland_2_Vision_Document#Prologue - 15 years later
- Fargo Confirms It! - Duck and Cover, June 21, 2007
- Metascore for Wasteland 2 on PCMetacritic, Retrieved May 6, 2020
- Metascore for Wasteland 2: Director's Cut on PCMetacritic, Retrieved May 6, 2020
- Metascore for Wasteland 2: Director's Cut on PS4Metacritic, Retrieved May 6, 2020
- Metascore for Wasteland 2: Director's Cut on Nintendo SwitchMetacritic, Retrieved May 6, 2020
- Metascore for Wasteland 2: Director's Cut on Xbox OneMetacritic, Retrieved May 6, 2020