|“||This year’s updates so far have included Permadeath, Difficult Skill Checks, new difficulty modes, new cosmetic options, and a host of quality-of-life changes and game improvements—but we’re not stopping there. With Patch 1.4.0 releasing in the next few weeks, your Rangers will soon be able to finally put much more of what they find across frozen Colorado to new use, and forge items that are oftentimes helpful, sometimes exotic, and occasionally, just batshit insane.||”|
Crafting is an additional mechanic introduced to the game in Patch 1.4.0., allowing the Colorado Rangers to manufacture supplies and experimental weapons using the raw components and junk found out in Colorado.
Accessible at any point in the journey, crafting allows your Rangers to manufacture everything from basic supplies and ammunition to experimental, strange weapons and modifications for your squads. There is no crafting skill in the game. Instead, your individual skill levels will unlock different recipes for manufacture.
- For example, increasing First Aid will gradually unlock additional healing items for crafting, while Explosives will open up new varieties of explosives. At level 10, you'll be able to manufacture rockets to supply your heavy weapons specialist with a steady supply of these high-end damage dealers.
Recipes can also be purchased straight from vendors or looted from containers. Vendors will usually only carry the basic recipes unlocked by leveling up skills. The more exotic and high-level recipes are only found out in the wild.
Finally, if you find an unique piece of junk that could be used in an unique recipe, the recipe will be automatically unlocked: You'll have to gather the rest of the ingredients, and will only understand what sort of monstrosity you will unleash on the wasteland once you manufacture it.
- Scrap: Scrap is love, scrap is life, scrap is the stuff of creation for the purposes of Wasteland 3 crafting.
- Dedicated crafting components
Junk used for crafting
- Tin can (used for: Air horn)
- Billy's Kangaroo Facts
- Brandi's diary
- Troy's diary
- Human bones
- Human teeth
- The Bard's Tale floppy disk
- Cloak And Dagger ROM
- Sad banana
- Brain jar
- Punctured clown nose
- Burned book
- Wolverine fur
- Ammunition will always use scrap, with the sole exception of rockets, which need two frag grenades to boot.
- Automatic Weapons unlocks 5.56mm and 7.62mm ammo (level 3) and .45 ammo (level 5)
- Mechanics unlocks spikes (level 3).
- Small Arms unlocks .38 ammo and shotgun shells (level 3) and 9mm ammo (level 5).
- Sniper Rifles unlocks .30-06 ammo (level 3) and .50 ammo (level 5).
- Weird Science unlock flamer fuel (level 3).
- Explosives unlocks rockets (level 10).
- Craftable components
- Joke items
- Goat Horn Aphrodisiac
- Australian Rules Board Game
- Brandi and Troy - A Love Story of Dueling Diaries
- Incredibly Real Doll
- Jamie McBond: License to Kilt Game Cartridge
- Pounded by the Patriarch - A Novel
- Sentient brainana
- Skin wallet
- S&M starter kit
- Main: Wasteland 3 crafting/raw
- Cardboard box, unique light helmet
- Blaster Master, assault rifle
- Plasma whip, bladed weapon
- Boom Mace, blunt weapon
- Foam Finger, blunt "weapon"
- Heartstopper, brawling weapon
- W.A.S.P. gun, flamethrower
- Spike driver, handgun
- Hoser, heavy machine gun
- Orb cannon, rocket launcher
- Grenade launcher, shotgun (seriously)
- Crossfire, SMG
- Freeze ray, sniper rifle