|“||Our convoy was ambushed by unknown hostiles on a frozen mountain lake. Major Prasad, our commanding officer, is trying to rally the survivors for a counterattack.||”|
Welcome to Colorado is a quest in Wasteland 3.
The Desert Rangers under General Wade Woodson are struggling in Arizona. Fortunately, the Patriarch of the Colorado has offered aid in return for their assistance in bringing his errant children to heel and forging a better future for the whole of his nation. However, en route to the city of Colorado Springs, the Ranger caravan under Maj. Vera Prasad is ambushed by the Dorseys.
- Welcome to Colorado. The quest begins in the middle of the Dorsey ambush, as Prasad struggles to fix up the mounted gun on the Kodiak. This is a combat tutorial, so unless you do something really foolish, you should have no problem taking out the Dorseys. In the second turn, the Dorsey Warbot appears, but thankfully, the Kodiak's gun comes online and you can eliminate the surviving enemies with ease. Once that's done, Prasad will order you to head up to the Dam to take out the rocket launcher team that keeps everyone suppressed.
- Just head up the ice. On the way you'll find a Dorsey Hunter just waiting to get killed and the unfortunate Pvt. Lang, who will die shortly after telling you to keep off the ice. Up the road you fill find a stalker keeping Jodie Bell at gunpoint. Approaching her will enable the dialogue tutorial, where you can use Kiss Ass or Hard Ass 1 to get her to live (or just do the Rangery thing of shooting her). If she walks away, you will have to deal with her friends later on (and they will execute two Ranger captives they took). If you try attacking, Jodie will wind up dead with a few grams of lead in her head, though.
- Bell will be shaken up and you can use First Aid to patch her up. The camp has some minor loot, including Good Luck, a collectible cassette.
- The next area is a more complex combat encounter with four Dorseys in total. One way to even the odds is to shoot the explosive tank, that will take out two or three of the enemies. After wiping them out, collect the medical crate loot, then head along the Dam's bottom and the hanged Rangers (Welcome to Colorado indeed). Beyond is a stealth tutorial, with a Dorsey Warbot that will curbstomp you if you don't sneak around it. The nearby terminal disables the turret to safely pass through (you can use Nerd Stuff 1 to turn the turret to your side, or Mechanics 1 to repair the valve and ...). The door blocking the way forward can be disabled by turning off the generator. The fenced-in area contains an armor crate and can be accessed with Lockpick 1.
- Up top on the dam, you run into Jarett Dorsey, the leader of the Dorseys attacking you. You can inquire about a broad variety of things with him, including the reasons for attacking the convoy, his brother, Erastus Dorsey (which unlocks a Leadership 2 option, mock him for the state of his knife with Melee Combat 2... However, the pleasant talk is cut short when Maj. Vera Prasad liberates his brain from his skull and you're thrown into combat. Three Dorseys await extermination. Two more enter the fight after the first turn. After wiping them out, collect the Veteran's Ranger Star from Jarett and loot the rest of the corpses, then talk to Major Prasad.
- Major Prasad will reveal your orders: Primo, to establish a base at Petersen AFB and support the Patriarch to save the Rangers. Secundo and secreto, to find Angela Deth and the advance team sent to Colorado. After you receive your orders (or collect them from her body, if she died in the combat), you can decide to leave her to die or help her pass with dignity (freezing to death with your guts spilling out is a bad way to go). You can use Hard Ass 1 or First Aid 1, or just shoot her.
|Find a way to the top of the dam.||An enemy force is firing on our convoy from the top of the nearby dam. Major Prasad ordered us to rendezvous there for a counterattack. On our way up, we should look out for other Ranger survivors.|
|Wipe out all the Dorseys on the dam.||Major Prasad killed the lunatic who was firing rockets at our convoy, but his friends are hungry for some payback. It's us or them.|
|Talk to Major Prasad.||Major Prasad looks like she's in rough shape, but she's still our CO. She'll know what to do next.|
Welcome to Colorado Search the ambush site for cold-weather gear. Equip your cold-weather gear. Meet Major Prasad at the base of the dam. Check Major Prasad's body for important documents. Acquire a vehicle Travel to Colorado Springs and speak to the Patriarch. Located Prasad Find a way to the top of the dam. Wipe out all the Dorseys on the dam. Grab the winch cable. Talk to Major Prasad. Major Prasad is waiting for us on the other side of the dam. Just past the spot where we fought the last group of Dorseys, we should find some steps leading down. Major Prasad is dead. We'll have to search her body for the convoy's orders. We lost our team, learned that the fate of the Rangers is in our hands, and that Angela Deth is still alive. Helluva morning. An enemy force is firing on our convoy from the top of the nearby dam. Major Prasad ordered us to rendezvous there for a counterattack. On our way up, we should look out for other Ranger survivors. Major Prasad killed the lunatic who was firing rockets at our convoy, but his friends are hungry for some payback. It's us or them. Major Prasad's transport is blocked by some wreckage. She ordered us to grab the winch cable from a nearby truck. We can use it to pull the wreckage out of the way. Major Prasad looks like she's in rough shape, but she's still our CO. She'll know what to do next. Angus and Avie Hoon have offered us their vehicle... if we can get it working. The vehicle is located in an old campground on the other side of the frozen creek. Unfortunately, the Dorsey raiding party has also set up camp there. We found the Hoons' vehicle, but it's not operational. We'll need to find a repair kit and use it on the vehicle. The Hoons' vehicle is fixed. Now we can drive it to Colorado Springs. Pvt. Bell says that Prasad was stabbed by a Dorsey and may need our help. The hostiles call themselves Dorseys, and they're a bunch of sadistic fanatics. We have no idea why they're attacking us, but they definitely knew we were coming. Major Prasad was ambushed on the other side of the dam. Sounded like one hell of a firefight. It sounds like Major Prasad sustained some serious injuries. She'll try to support us when we make it to the top of the dam, but she's in bad shape."